Blackfriar Professional Acid Etch is a preparation solution for use on concrete and screed floors prior to sealing, coating or painting. It removes excess lime dust (laitence) which can interfere with the adhesion of floor coatings.
Use this product to etch power floated, very smooth, hard or chemically treated concrete floors to ‘key’ the surface and improve the adhesion of floor coatings.
- Hydrochloric acid solution.
- For concrete and screed floors.
- Creates a keyed surface that paint can adhere to.
- Indoor use.
- Coverage: 7m² per litre.
- Leave on the surface for 2-3 minutes.
- Apply using a brush, mop, broom or squeegee.
- Rinse floor with copious amounts of clean water, remove excess and allow to dry. Hot air fans may be required particularly in cold weather.
- May need 2-3 days drying time.