Sigma Etch (known as mordant solution and T Wash )is a phosphoric acid based etch solution for treating new unweathered galvanised surfaces prior to painting. Use it as a pre-treatment for new galvanised steel where it is not possible to blast or abrade the surface.
This product is a high quality etching solution for etching the surface and providing adhesion. It’s ideal for preparing the substrates ready for a protective and decorative coating.
- For pre-treatment of new galvanised steel where blasting or abrasion is not possible.
- Overcoat with a wide range of protective coating systems.
- Use to give adhesion of high-temperature coatings to new galvanised steel.
- Changes colour on application from blue then to black to indicate the effectiveness of primary pre-treatment.
- Meets the requirements of British Rail’s ‘T-wash’ solution.
- Highways Approved Item No.155.
- Not recommended for immersed conditions.
- Coverage: 15m²per litre.
- Apply using a brush or a roller.