Rust-Oleum Metal Cladding Primer is a water based quick drying primer for use on all metal substrates including bare or blasted steel, galvanized metal as well as plastisol. It provides the perfect base for the Rust-Oleum Metal Cladding Topcoat, together providing excellent corrosion protection under industrial exposure conditions.
The primer technology is engineered for application on weathered metal cladding. Also use it on other metal surfaces: bare steel, blasted steel, galvanized steel, zinc, aluminium. It also protects the surface from oxidisation.
On bare or blasted steel two coats of Metal Cladding Primer should be applied prior to the application of the Metal Cladding Topcoat.
- Single pack anti-corrosion primer.
- Water-based product, therefore low in VOC.
- For all sound metal substrates and also plastisol.
- Available in 3 different colours to increase opacity of topcoat.
- Excellent flow-out as well as coverage.
- Extend the lifetime of the cladding by up to 10 years.
- Much more cost effective than replacement cladding.
- Minimal disturbance of the business processes.
- Topcoat is available in full range of colours.
Metal Cladding Primer
- Coverage: 12.5m² per litre.
- Touch dry: 30 mins.
- Apply using a Brush, Roller or a Spray.