Sigmacover 280 – formerly Amercoat 71TC – is a two component polyamide cured epoxy primer. It is a high quality general purpose epoxy primer for protective metal coating systems.
This product can be used alongside a wide range of Sigma products, depending on what you need it for. Take a look at the System Sheets (in the downloads section) or call our technical team for a spec.
This product is ideal for steel and non-ferrous metals, as it provides good adhesion, as well as water and corrosion resistance. Overcoat it with most alkyd, chlorinated rubber, vinyl, epoxy and also two component polyurethane coatings. Due to its excellent adhesion 280 has brilliant recoating properties that provide surfaces with the optimum protection.
- Good adhesion
- Resistant to water as well as corrosion.
- Good adhesion to steel and also galvanised steel.
- Good adhesion to non ferrous metals.
- Excellent flow.
- Cures at temperatures down to +5°C
- 11.4m²/l for 50μm
- 5.7m²/l for 100μm
- Touch Dry: 1.5 Hours
- Apply using a Brush, roller or industrial spray.
- Thinner 91-92