Zinga Zingatarfree (formerly known as PU Tarfree MIO) is a single component moisture curing polyurethane coating to replace traditional coal tar coatings. Use it on narrow-boat hulls, tug-boats, on the base of electricity pylons-legs, and also on brand-new truck chassis. It keeps out both local ground-water as well as stray-currents from nearby electrified railway tracks.
This product has extremely high resistance to salts (especially chlorides) and also water penetration. Apply over Zinga or AquaZinga as a finishing coat on steel hulls and other structures in offshore and inland marine environments.
Unlike traditional tars and bitumen, Tar Free Mio does not leach any poisons (phenols) into the water and also does not become brittle.
- Single pack.
- Testable to ISO 12944 in immersion in salt or brackish water or in the ground with a life expectancy of 15 years with Zinga 1 x 60-80 µm DFT and Zingatarfree 2 x 100 µm DFT
- Polyurethane, tarfree MIO.
- Ideal of narrow-boat hulls, tug-boats, on the base of electricity pylons-legs, and also on brand-new truck chassis.
- Extremely high resistance to salts.
- Also highly resistant to water penetration.
- Replaces traditional coal tars.
- Keeps out local ground-water as well as stray-currents.
- 8.3 m² per Litre at 80 μm DFT.
- 6.6 m² per Litre at 100 μm DFT.
- 4.4 m² per litre at 150 μm DFT.
- Drying Time:
- Dustdry: 1 hours
- Tackfree: 2.5 hours
- Dry: 6 hours
- Apply using a brush, roller of a spray.