Sika Wintermix is a chloride free, winter working admixture for concrete that is suitable for use with steel reinforcement. Allows mortars and concretes to be used even at sub zero temperatures in accordance with working practice of mortars in accordance with BS 5628-3.
This product acts as an accelerator for work in sub-zero temperatures. Improves workability as well as freeze and thaw resistance in brick laying mortars. It also eliminates the need for a separate frostproofer.
- Increased frost resistance during setting.
- Non-corrosive to imbedded metal (chloride ion free).
- Eases tamping down and also alignment.
- Improves workability/trowelability even in cold weather.
- Provides resistance to freeze/thaw cycling down to -8°C in both wet and dry mortar.
- Chloride free (chloride ion content < 0.1%).
- Reduces bleeding/segregation.
- Replaces lime in mix, hence reduces possibility of lime bloom and efflorescence.
- Reduces shrinkage (cracking and crazing reduced).
- Faster finishing times even in cold weather.
- See Datasheet for ratios and mixes. These vary depending on what you’re using it for.