SikaBond SBR+ is a one component, water based, general purpose, styrene butadiene rubber emulsion bonding agent and mortar admixture. When diluted with water it produces a gauging solution for improving adhesion, workability and waterproofing of mortars and cementitious mixes.
This product has numerous uses as an admixture, primer, bonding agent and sealer. Polymer Emulsions of this type have been used extensively over the last 20 years by the building industry as an admixture for cement and also concrete applications. Ideal for repair, renovation, surfacing of floors and bonding generally. It also contains anti-foam to control the density of cementitous mixes.
- Greatly improved adhesion to a wide range of substrates including dense concrete, steel, tiles etc.
- Excellent resistance to water as well as water vapour.
- A high level of resistance to salt permeation.
- Much improved toughness and also flexibility.
- Reduced surface dusting of concrete.
- Greatly improved resistance to chemicals; ideal for use in dairy parlours etc.
- Reduced water: cement ratio for equivalent workability.
- Improved frost resistance.
- It is also freeze thaw stable.
- Use as:
- An admixture for mortar/screeds/renders.
- A bonding agent for screeds/renders.
- A primer/sealer in tiling applications.
- A flexibliser for cementicious based tile adhesive when tiling on wooden/asphalt floors.